RAW MATERIAL INTRODUCTIONS
Applies equally to manufacturing, formulating and importing
If your raw material has more than one constituent chemical - usually nominated
in Section 3 of
For each chemical you need the following information (typically found in
- Chemical public name
- Physical state
- CAS number (or IUPAC/INCI name if no CAS number is assigned)
- Chemical characteristics (of interest to AICIS)
- Assigned SDS hazards
- Proportion of chemical in product or raw material
- Maximum concentration at end use
- Uses for products containing the chemical
- Maximum annual product volumes
For a polymer, additionally ...
- Number average molecular weight (Mn)
- Weight average molecular weight (Mw)
- Percentage of molecules < 1000 g/mol (Mn)
- Percentage of molecules < 500 g/mol (Mn)
- Functional Groups in the polymer
- Cationic density
- Stability in the environment
Much of the polymer detail would be available with a Gel Permeation Chromatograph (GPC) report.Top
In addition to chemical properties, volumes and uses, AICIS may wish to see study reports supporting the chemical category you declare.
At the same time as calculating the category, Chemintro also identifies which studies may be requested.
For different AICIS assessments, Chemintro provides corresponding checklists, one for 'Required' documents and another for 'If available' documents. The built-in Notes and Useful links features together constitute a simple but effective document management system for each chemical. Top
Overseas suppliers sometimes guard their information closely instead of tabling it.
The law, however, requires AICIS to interrupt your supply/distribution chain if you don't provide requested information within the time allowed.
Contact us to discuss the multiple ways Chemintro can resolve this including a Memorandum of Understanding generated for your chemical which explains the specific situation and potential consequences. Top