RAW MATERIAL INTRODUCTIONS
Applies equally to manufacturing, formulating and importing
If your raw material has more than one constituent chemical - usually nominated
in Section 3 of
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR CATEGORISATION
- Chemical public name
- Physical state
- CAS number (or IUPAC/INCI name if no CAS number is assigned)
- Chemical characteristics (of interest to AICIS)
- Assigned SDS health and environment hazards
- End uses
- Maximum concentration at end use
- Annual volumes
For a polymer, additionally ...
- Number average molecular weight (Mn)
- Weight average molecular weight (Mw)
- Percentage of molecules < 1000 g/mol (Mn)
- Percentage of molecules < 500 g/mol (Mn)
- Functional Groups in the polymer
- Cationic density
Much of the polymer detail would be available with a Gel Permeation Chromatograph (GPC) report.
AICIS may wish to see study reports supporting the category you declare. Chemintro identifies which ones would be requested.
For Assessed category, Chemintro delivers a simple and effective IUCLID6 documentation and workflow management system.
AICIS may interrupt your supply/distribution chain if you don't provide requested information within the time allowed.
Overseas suppliers sometimes guard their information closely instead of tabling it. Even with the best of supplier intentions, key people are sometimes unavailable.
Contact us to discuss how Chemintro can help mitigate this risk to your business.