FINISHED PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS
Finished products, from adhesives to cosmetics, contain many industrial chemicals of individual interest to AICIS.
Each chemical, no matter how many products it is in, only gets introduced once.
Each introduction is categorised using the total annual chemical volume across all your products in which it appears.
There are two approaches. Chemintro correctly computes the introduction category using either approach:
- Exact approach
- enter each chemical to be introduced without annual volumes
- enter all products by name or SKU, each with its projected annual product volume
- for each product/chemical combination enter the chemical proportion
This approach allows individual product volumes to be changed each year to update total volume of the chemical being introduced and also update ingredient volumes of "Other chemicals and/or chemical blends", shown above.
- Estimated approach
- enter an estimated maximum annual chemical volume
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR CATEGORISATION
- Chemical public name
- Physical state
- CAS number (or IUPAC/INCI name if no CAS number is assigned)
- Chemical characteristics (of interest to AICIS)
- Assigned SDS health and environment hazards
- End uses
- Maximum concentration at end use
- Annual volumes
For a polymer, additionally ...
- Number average molecular weight (Mn)
- Weight average molecular weight (Mw)
- Percentage of molecules < 1000 g/mol (Mn)
- Percentage of molecules < 500 g/mol (Mn)
- Functional Groups in the polymer
- Cationic density
Much of the polymer detail would be available with a Gel Permeation Chromatograph (GPC) report.Top
AICIS may wish to see study reports supporting the category you declare. Chemintro identifies which ones would be requested.
For Assessed category, Chemintro delivers a simple and effective IUCLID6 documentation and workflow management system. Top
AICIS may interrupt your supply/distribution chain if you don't provide requested information within the time allowed.
Overseas suppliers sometimes guard their information closely instead of tabling it. Even with the best of supplier intentions, key people are sometimes unavailable.